18 November 2005

Fences

I don't believe in fences. And I am very happy for all my readers in here. I personally believe that it is from feeling alike, that we can respect each other without necessarily having the same opinions or even faith.

That doesn't change the fact that there is a fence between Israel and Palestine, sometimes a wall that you can touch, sometimes a wall that you can feel.

I think on both sides people mostly just try to live their lives. In my blog I want to show just how ordinary (and sometimes not ordinary!) life can be even in Gaza. Not to say that we are not affected from the political situation because we are - I still didn't get my DVD back - but we also just live. We wake up, eat, go to school or work, watch TV, meet our friends, talk on the phone, surf the net, as I think most people do.

I am now studying Socialanthropology (from a swedish university by distance tuition - must be an old fashioned word but that's what my dictionary said), a subject that suits me very well and has been a great help for managing my situation as new in a different culture. It is also my beginning towards becoming a journalist, God willing. One of the things that I've learned is that the more you learn about others the more you learn about yourself. Reflection.

2 comments:

Living Away said...

that is why your blog is so great!
please, keep doing it like this. your day-by-day life is, at least for me, the only real news i have from gaza city.
thanks for telling us your life style!

Anonymous said...

"I think on both sides people mostly just try to live their lives. In my blog I want to show just how ordinary (and sometimes not ordinary!) life can be even in Gaza. Not to say that we are not affected from the political situation because we are - I still didn't get my DVD back - but we also just live. We wake up, eat, go to school or work, watch TV, meet our friends, talk on the phone, surf the net, as I think most people do."

I agree with you one hundred percent. And it is so wonderful to see that opinion out there...it gives me hope that one day we CAN live in peace together...If the world was run by normal people like us...if only...until then both sides fight to survive....

PS...I am Israeli.